Re: [Epic] Adepta Sororitas - Update

From: Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 23:56:27 -0700

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> First, my thanks to Tommy Roju <tommy.roju_at_... for the majority
> of this.
>
> Infantry
> Name Move Range FP Assault Armour Special
> Battle Sisters 10cm 15cm 1 2 5+ Stubborn
> Chastisers as Battle Sisters +Heavy Weapons
> Seraphim as Battle Sisters +Jump Pack,
> Assault
> Canoness as Battle Sisters +Hero
> WitchSmeller as Battle Sisters +Psyker

<snip>

> Main Force:
> Choose up to 10 squads from the following list.
>
> Battle Sister Squad 15 pts
> Consists of 1 Battle Sister Unit
> Extra cost to:
> Mount In Immolator +18 pts
> Upgrade to Seraphim
> (Assault, Jump Packs) +4 pts
> (* Choose one vehicle only)

<big snip>

> the
> Sisters
> of Battle now cost the same as Adeptus Astartes.

Perhaps I am missing something, but I cannot understand how the cost of the
Battle Sisters can possibly be justified. The marines are the same as or
better than them in every category; Battle Sister infantry is _just worse_
than Space Marines. I think a more reasonable price would be 11 points;
compare them to orks. The sisters have one better armour, but half the
range, and stubborn is only worth one or two points.

Eugene