Re: [Epic] Epic 30k ?

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 16:48:13 -0500

Oki Purwanto wrote:

> I came across this on a website
> "http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41K/horus.htm" The Horus Heresy in Epic 41K

That would be my site.

> I thought it was kinda surprising that the SW did not have Great Companies
> as well as Long Fangs, Blood Claws, Grey Hunters during the Heresy. I
> thought SW had these all along (with the exception of Great Companies) and
> after Heresy, when UM's primarch reorganises the Legions into Chapters, SW
> refused to go along with the structure, preferring instead to RETAIN their
> existing structure albeit in smaller numbers/detachments.

I have not been able to find ANY fluff about the Heresy that implies any
thing other than what WD 126 says about the Space Puppies.

> Ditto also for the DA and BA. They just reduced their numbers as opposed to
> adopting a new organisation chart. Their Primarchs had molded these Legions
> along their personal style to warfare and their successor commandeers did
> not want to alter their Primarchs' handiwork. And that the deviations are
> pre-Horus Heresy, not during or after the reorganisation of the SM force
> following Codex Astartes.

1) The only thing about the Blood Angels that is "not Codex" is the
Death Company. The Death company, at least in the "Fluff" is caused by
the "memory" in then gene seed of the death of the "Great Winged One".
He is not dead yet, therefore no death company.

2) The Dark Angels 1st battalion of each regiment is rather odd, and
does fit what they did later. The design of it does dove tail nicly
into the Death Wing & Raven Wing that we all know and love.

> Similarly for the Chaos forces. Even before the Heresy, the World Eaters
> have a reputation for extreme brutality. So some of the e40k might be
> already present in the e31k.

Extreme brutality is a tactic, which means little in TO&E terms or
rules.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus