[Epic] Vehicle Crews.

From: Chris Pinson <chrisp_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:25:22 +0930

An intersting point regarding vehicle crews. Where do they come from ???

I have been reliably informed that marines from one (or more of the
companies) crew the vehicles. The problem with this is that you would need
upward of 250 marines to do this.

Consider ..
Land Raiders : 1 Driver and 2 gunners
Predators, Vindicators, RazorBacks and Whirlwinds : 1 Driver and 1 Gunner
Rhinos : 1 Driver

Now consider a chapter with 20 Raiders, 20 Razorbacks, 10 predators,
Whirlwinds and Vindicators plus 80 rhinos.

This means you need 280 crew for these vehicles (of which there aren't that
many).

Not Good.

Now then, under RT, crews had autosystems which were basically autopilots.
The problem I have with this follows. If the systems were really good then
the imperium wouldn't need to commit it's valuable marines to battle, they
could use robots with bolters and autosystems. Therefore the systems must
be worse than humans. If they are worse than humans then they are not going
to be used by the marines, who always use the best.

This leads me to the conclussion.. whilst there are 1000 infantry marines,
there is also 200-300 other marines (which may not quite meet the grade)
who crew the vehicles.

Any thoughts ???

BTW, if this post seems a bit disjointed it is because I was typing it at
work.

Cheers

Chris Pinson

"I don't suffer from insanity,