Re: [Epic] Orks Green? WAS model questions

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 12:44:03 -0700 (PDT)

> On 15 Oct 97 at 13:21, sauron1_at_... wrote:
>
> > Sauron1 writes; If the forces of the Imperium are not all "white" why
> > should the Orks been. Bye the way, who said they all had to be green in the
> > first place? Who in the literary world invented the Orks anyway. Old world
> > descriptions in the sagas give them no "colour"Tolkiens Orks were never
> > described as "green", just leatherly. That 'Old Enough to remember
> > those days' Sauron1
> >
> There was supposed to be reason behind green I think but cant remeber
> what. Something in the blood similar to chlorypol (sorry havent got
> clue how to spell, stuff in plants for photosynthesis). Or maybe it
> was because of the fungus they eat. Im sure someone on the list
> should know.

They weren't always mjust green, there was a time when the bad moons were
brown, hence the name of the old paint Orc Brown. Not all bad moonz
though. I haven't seen any other coloured orks from other clans, but i so
remember the ork-stealer hybrids...
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of