Re: [Epic] Scattershooting...

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 16:48:40 -0400

Sauron1 writes;
        Andy;

         My sons still occasionally play Epic Space Hulk as we discussed earlier
this year.There was an auction on the Net recently but I was outbid for
more Tyranids, and I am still looking for Actual Chaos SM ( I have 100
bases full of Horus Heresy SM but I never bought the Chaos ones. I have 30+
original SM painted as scouts with flesh painted faces and use the new SM
scouts as sergeants also. I also use the other new SM officers a straight
Leaders and use the old Banner bearers as Medics. I would like to afford
the new Thunderhawk as I only have six now but one as my BattleMasters
transport is all I can afford.

        I must admit to starting the green colour as I have thousands of Orks to
paint and wondered if others had strayed from GW's path also. I have a huge
Middle Earth Ork army ( 350 + )that is mainly Earth Tone skin colored.

        I have converted the plastic twin barreled Bone Crusha tanks into SP AA by
repositioning the barrels. The Orks now have SP Tractor Cannons and Hop
Splat Guns mounted on plastic tank chassis. The turrets we used to re-arm
six Death Skull Stompas, or swap turrets with Skull Hammas or Giblet
Grindas. The Star Wars Sand Crawler is available in two Micro Machine
sizes. Both small enough to be IG armored Platoon size transports without
the Big gun but having the same CC factors. I bought 10 Grendel of Scotland
Corvus VTOL MkIV Assault Carriers and use them for both Epic SM and 25
Sci/Fi.

        As you do I have only ever bought one of both the original, and new SM
boxes, the rest I bought used. There are five sets of the new plastic ruins
in the Garage under construction. I currently have over $300.00 in
purchases or sales going on found over the net.The current search is for
old ThunderHawks.

        Sorry to run on but We are still around and I still play Epic2nd with six
or seven new recruits at my club. My campaign is running relatively well.

                                                Drop me a personal Sauron1