[Epic] Re:

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:35:06 -0500

Elias Tiliakos wrote:

> Ok, here's something that came up in a game I played a while ago. My
> friend and I were playing one of the scenarios in the Battles book
> (the one with the two bridges), I was Orks. One of my detachments
> gets close to the bridge and is about to assault across, but then
> my friend drives two rhinos up and "blocks" the bridge, and then tries
> to tell me that I can't get across the bridge with my units because
> I have to assault the closest thing first (this I have no problem with).
> But then he tried to tell me that battlewagons could not then cross the
> bridge, because of the rhinos. Now, _I_ know that this just doesn't fly,
> at least with respect to the rules as they are, but I was just wondering
> what everyone else thought or would do in this situation.

Was there room on the bridge for the Rhinos to go past? Maybe you
should have talked about scale and such before the game, but I think
I agree with him. I'd let boyz go past, if the Rhinos were already
engaged, but if the bridge is intended to be as big relative to
the models as it appears, and there is no way around the tanks
in the way, then I don't see how you would get the battlewagons
past.

Is there some other factor I'm missing? Why do you think the battle-
wagons should be allowed to go past?

andy

--
Andy Skinner