Re: [Epic] Chaos Legion Info Req.

From: Colen McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:53:11 +0100

A J Gallie <gallie_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly about [Epic]
Chaos Legion Info Req.:
>I have just acquired my first Chaos piece, a Khorne Lord of Battles and plan on
>slowly assembling a Chaos Army as a second army as my Orcs have now reached
>about 5000pts total and cover just about every avenue I might wish to pursue.
>However I am not a WH40K player and so have no knowledge of structure of Chaos
>Legions. I believe they are similar to Imperial Chapters ? If anyone has any
>organisation info, unit fluff, color schemes or marking and insignia details I
>would greatly appreciate this so I can choose a legion to develop.

Chaos Legions are much more of a 'I like this, so we'll have it, that,
mmm, don't like that, lose it' type thing. All the legions broke down
into warbands after various bizarre events (the Betrayal at Skalathrax,
where Khorne's champion killed loads of World Eaters; that time when
Ahriman of the Thousand Sons turned the entire legion into ghosts and
was banished...), so there's no real organisation.

<emblem of Slaanesh>

'Mad Dog' McAlister And The Cats, 'Jo', 'Fat Smudge' and 'Stac'
--
    /\          Colen McAlister, AKA 'Mad Dog' McAlister,
   /--\           Keeper of the Unholy Keys, Lord of the
 /--  ---- \        and chosen of the Chaos Gods, AKA
 \--  ---- /       Brother Morgan who wields the Blade
    | |  |/   of Immortals, Member of the Twisted Brotherhood
   \---/
    \-/                 colen_at_...
     '           http://www.bryanmac.demon.co.uk/colen