Re: [Epic] Scattershooting...

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:03:08 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 22-Oct-97 Re: [Epic] Scattershooting... by Alan E &
C. J Brain_at_dyna
> What I would really like is a website with all the flavour text from
> all of the obscure places - like Book of the Astronomicon - posted in
> it. Not current stuff, that would infringe a bit too much on GW's
> copyright. But old, out-of-print-and-will-never-be-reprinted stuff.

<cough>

http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~at2u/u40k.html

(This time, that address should work.)

> I could, and have, contributed a small amount of this to the mailing
> list. Others have done far more. Maybe someone could at least collate
> what we have?

Actually, I should really open that to submissions; basically, people
can type things in (whee), make sure you note the source(s) you used,
and send it to me. I'll note whoever typed things in, so people can
blame them properly for the inevitable speling erorrs. ^_-

I also need to finish up the bloody Ork section. Not to mention work a
bit more on graphics. As for J. Michael Looney's (very accurate)
comment on copyright violation (from 29 September)... weeeeell, yeah.
It could be a problem, but I will not be posting any rules whatsoever,
which seems to be the primary sticking point with web pages in GW's
eyes. (IIRC, Tyranid Tim basically said you could include pics from WD,
but *no* *rules*. I don't think there was a comment on background....)
Yeah, it's a fine line, but I like the background -- the old background
-- too much to not do the page.

Later,

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...