RE: [Epic] Fliers

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 14:20:54 +0100 (BST)

>Personally I think it is strange that Space Marines dont have their own
>fighter escorts(much like whirlwinds) as this would reduce their reliance
>upon the imperium for fighter escort.

The idea was that after the Horus Heresy, no Imperial army could have its
own interstellar transport, to limit the impact of rogue Imperia1 Guard
regiments or Marine Chapters. Since Imperial flyers are able to operate in
space, it's quite logical that they'd be under the authority of the Navy
too. So I think it's quite deliberate that Marines aren't allowed their own
fighters; they're just not trusted.

Cheers,

NRT

Squad Helps Dog Bite Victim