Re: [Epic] Deadly Eldar>Chaos!

From: Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 18:44:24 -0700

Miller, Chris wrote: -----> Hey, as nasty as it might seem, the fact that they
have no ranged

> firepower ought to cut down on their effectiveness somewhat. As for the
> spirit of the rules, well, in 2nd ed you would see 3-5 GD's typically.
> Granted, they were leaders, but they were also much harder to kill. If
> someone really wants to take a bunch of B-thirsters (or whatever), fine
> - are they really going to get their points worth out of them ? I doubt
> it. Has anyone tried this? How'd it work?
>
> Chris Miller

  Well yeah, I see them a lot, and they usually seem to give fairly good value. It
kinda works like this:

In the movement phase, greater daemons hover just out of firing range, then (in
assault) charge fifty cm into contact, win the fight by 5+ (suffering no
casualties) and eliminating as many units as they could get into contact with,
approximately. They then lose one daemon (half the time) to a firefight with
nearby unbroken detachments, and retreat 20cm.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The usual mix is 50% Bloodthirsters, 50% LOC. Means they usually have psyker
superiority.

It's not impossible to deal with them, it's just very hard, because they are
essentially immune to artillery (armor 6, save), and are fast enough that they are
rarely in range of other weapons. I think Nightspinners would work fairly well,
but I don't play eldar. My solution involves screening my good units with cheesy
IG infantry and then exploding the Daemons with AT shots. The trick is getting the
AT shots in range. Luckily, my opponent is very bad at making his save rolls; even
worse then I am at hitting with AT shots.

Eugene