Re: [Epic] Deadly Eldar

From: Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 18:44:15 -0700

Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister wrote:

> Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:
>
> >The first big defense is to blow the #$%*ers to shreds before the assault
> >phase. This can be tricky because they are fast enough to hide out of range
> >behind cover and still get to grips with you in assault.
> 90cm move when marching or assaulting into combat! Great for hiding from
> those tank chaps, then kicking them in.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here; firing comes after the movement
phase, and even if they're in wave serpents these guys only move 60 cm in the
assault phase. I'm not afraid of people trying to march into assault because it
can't be done.

<snip>

> >Another excellent unit to receive the charge with is a bunch of grotties/IG
> >cannon fodder/xmagants. The ridiculous concentration of assault factors
> >will successfuly eliminate 35-50 points of troops, and you should be able
> >to vaporize the offending detachment shortly thereafter.
> Yeah, if only because you get huge totals for supporting fire...

not grotties and IG; they just die. But that's okay cuz there as cheap as hell
and you should be able to kill the aspects once they've closed.

> >Another option is to beat him to the punch and attack the detachment with a
> >fast moving force of your own (bikes, probably). All those assault factors
> >won't help him win the firefight, and the psykers only count if they're
> >actually engaged in it. If you're good at guessing ranges, they won't be.
> Not too easy when they're 70-80cm away.

If they're 70-80 cm away _after the firing phase_, then they aren't a threat,
because they can't engage your units.

Eugene