Sv: [Epic] After a game

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:47:13 +0100

Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...> wrote:

> That does it--I really get the impression that the dice roll for
> removing blast markers varies too much. I know that it gets harder
> to remove all blast markers as you have more of them, but it still
> seems to be spread too wide. I think we may play with removing the
> lowest of two dice, rather than 1d6-1. That way you always remove
> 1, and can remove 6, but you tend to remove lower numbers.

You're right, but it does get mere even when you play large games.

> Wow. On the other hand, he learned that a pile of
> Space Marines isn't well equipped to take on a Great Gargant in
> a firefight or close assault. That's how I smashed 'em. There
> were 3 rhinos and one stand of tacticals after the firefight, so
> we finished there, before actually taking out the objectives.
> andy

Hey, listen.
You write that he only had 3 Rhinos and one of the boys left
after the firefight. Is that to say you wiped out a lot of his
trops in the firefigth? You can't do that! In a firefight,
only one unit on the loosing side takes a his, regardless
of you firepower, or the dice-roll (p. 27 of the rule book).
Hope you know this already, and that I'm writing this
for no reason whatsoever.

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen, jon_at_...