RE: [Epic] Old Squat Figs.

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 07:06:13 -0600

> I believe it is a Space marine on a Jet Bike. I have one, and the base
>mounting is a slim tapered cone? It was supposed to be a Medic or a
>Chaplain, so he could move around the battle field and give aid, medical or
>spiritual as needed. I also have two pieces of artillery that may be
>wheeled /gun shielded heavy blotters and a 4 barrel " Rapier" I think. The
>bits were only out in the early years and even I only have a few.! Some
>where I even have a metal SM or two. sauron1

-----> I don't think he _had_ to be a chaplain/medic, as I believe one
of the white dwarfs added/revised the "light vehicle" rules and if
marine bikes weren't in before, they were after that (it's fuzzy now and
my stuff's packed as I'm moving this weekend so I can't double check).
That gunshielded hv bolter is probably the thuddgun, which was rather
difficult to get after the metal ones went out as the squats were the
only sprues including them. I ended up using some spare ork hop-splats
for mine. That was one of the cooler things about the older mini's
packaging (well, besides the price) - those little random bits thet came
in the packs with everything, and the various weapon mixes that came
with the titans.

Chris Miller