Re: [Epic] Old Squat Figs.

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 12:40:22 -0500 (EST)

Excerpts from Epic: 29-Oct-97 Re: [Epic] Old Squat Figs. by Neil R.
Thomason_at_lancast
> Twrth dyn pob Sais!

...and can you translate this, or is it not fit for polite company?
(Not like we're polite! ^_- )

> Anyway, I suspect you're right about recasting. I believe the metal support
> weapons, marines, etc. were just used as fillers on the original titan
> moulds. As they wore out and were replaced by copying the master moulds,
> different items were used as fillers. I remember that the original Phantom
> mould included an Eldar officer with a power sword, then later a lascannon
> platform, then even later, the original EPIC Avatar. Whilst GW keep
> virtually all their moulds, I suspect the 'extras' on the Titan moulds were
> considered expendable and might no longer exist. I'll try and find out.

I've asked about the little bitz (like the Thudd Gun and Mole Mortar
with Marines attached) all three times I've called GWUK mail order... so
far, everyone's said they're gone. I did get one guy to admit that the
old Eldar Dread/Spirit Walker models (Vampire, Banshee & War Cry) still
exist on the third try, though, so they may be buried somewhere....

> NRT (Half-Welsh, half-Norwegian, half-Scottish (!?); not even slightly
> English)

Wow. Three halves?

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...