Re: [Epic] Basing Eldar

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 97 17:16:35 EST

At 05:26 PM 10/30/97 -0600, you wrote:

>How ar people basing their Eldar Figures? I'm especially curious about:
>
>1) Dark Reapers. Marines and Guard get to make heavy stands by placing
>two heavy weapons troops on a stand. The Eldar seem to need 5. This
>seems just a bit illogical to me. But, if I use only two, what do I fill
>the other three holes with? Would it look really silly to use Guardians
>do you think? Is there any WH40K experience here that is relevant?

Well, in 40K you can take a squad of 3 Dark Reapers (that's the minimum
size). That's how I plan on basing my Reapers. I'm going to leave the
other two slots open (fill 'em with putty or something), sorta like
Tyranid Warrior stands. I really don't think you should mix anything
in with the Reapers. The whole point of the Eldar army is that all
of its troops are so specialized. That's why there are Aspects.

As for the Harlie situation, I suppose you could make a warlock into a
Great Harlequin, and maybe a Dark Reaper into a Death Jester. For the
other two, I have no idea.

Elias

"Understanding is a three edged sword."

                        -Kosh