[Epic] Basing Eldar

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:26:13 -0600

How ar people basing their Eldar Figures? I'm especially curious about:

1) Dark Reapers. Marines and Guard get to make heavy stands by placing
two heavy weapons troops on a stand. The Eldar seem to need 5. This
seems just a bit illogical to me. But, if I use only two, what do I fill
the other three holes with? Would it look really silly to use Guardians
do you think? Is there any WH40K experience here that is relevant?

2) Harlequins are really undersupplied in the new boxs. All you get are
standard Harlequins. The detachment sheet seems to imply that Harlys
become heavy troops with the addition of a single Death Jester. I'm using
an old Heavy Weapons Guardian for this. However, what would anyone
suggest using for
      a) Solitaire
      b) Great Harlequin
      c) The Harlequin psyker (whatever his name was)

There were two Aspect Warriors that didn't make it in the changeover to
E40K. I forget their names. One looks like a new Guardian with a chopped
off Rifle and an especially curly helmet (Dire Avenger?) and the other
appears to be holding a very short flame thrower. Someone who's seen
a WH40K solitaire and psyker, would either of these look appropriate
enough to use?

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.