Re: [Epic] [Almost-Epic] Codices

From: Max Maynard-Maloney <dormammu_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 02:54:22 -0800 (PST)

> From what I've heard they're gonna be called Necrons, and I'm really hoping
> they'll not be completely new, maybe based of the old Chaos Androids or
> something (daemons inhabiting metal bodies). Maybe they'll be more like
> Borg, from Star Trek. Human (or former human....undead) with bionic parts

Apparently when Jervis was asked about this he specifically refuted the
Borg analogy. He mentioned that the design team were mostly in their
mid-30s and as such had different influences then Star Trek: TNG. Kind of
an interesting comment--what would be his influence for this race?

Max

"Run, humans! Run for your sweaty lives! Run till you hearts burst and
your lungs collapse! You cannot run away from ME! Everything that is,
IS MINE!" --the dread Dormammu, Doctor Strange #9