Re: [Epic] Barrage and Heavy Barrage and blast markers

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 11:19:31 -0500

Erik K. Rutins wrote:
> > I still wish the left and right arm arcs were rotated towards the
> > front 45 degrees. In other words, instead of the right arm covering
>
> Me too. I've been considering proposing this as a house rule. Based on
> the models, it looks like it should be able to fire in the front 45
> easier than firing in the last 45 of that rear 90 degree half of the
> side arc.

I think Aaron may be the first person I heard this suggestion from.
As rapidly as I put out house rules (for the game in question, we
only used 2nd edition LOS rules for cover and terrain, pretty much
standard everything else), this one sounds like I'd need to get some
concensus on it. Elias and I talked about it, and agreed that the
uncovered area in the back _could_ be a big liability, but the ability
to train all 4 weapons in the front 90 _would_ be a big advantage.

(I didn't make Elias try my blast marker removal rule. We used the
normal 1d6-1, and I didn't particularly notice anything about it.
So those who have argued that larger games will make this not be
a problem may be right.)

andy

--
Andy Skinner