Re: [Epic] Net Epic - Movement and Initiative

From: Chris Swearingen <tall-guy_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 17:41:29 -0800

> >really good stuff ... all from DSII or your own system?
>
> It all feels like it came from my head, but the subconcious works in
strange
> ways. I did consiously take the words "direct fire" from DS II though :).
>

> >> Tony Christney
> >> acc_at_...
> >>

> BTW, I don't want anyone to think that I don't enjoy DS II. In fact I
think
> that it's a great game, it just doesn't seem very suited to the quick
pointless
> warfare of the 41st millenium... However, for a campaign with the
Scandanavian
> Coalition invading New France, it is perfect...
>
> Tony Christney
> acc_at_...

thanks for the info, man!
i really enjoy the tactical aspect of gaming (so why do i keep
pummeling myself by playing 40K?), so appreciate all the scoop on varrious
rule systems and applications of specifics.

as an aside, anyone out there have any idea why the daemons at GW can
come up with such good background and basics, but are so god-awfull
at actual game design? or why they never seem to engage the gaming
community
in play-testing new systems (as do ASL/SFB)?

just another confused gamer...
(too bad i didn't major in english, eh?)

Chris Swearingen
tall-guy_at_...

"my brain hurts!"
"well,... it will have to come out then!"