Re: [Epic] Flak Advice...

From: Bart Koehler <bkoehler_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 17:50:19 -0500

Chris Salvato wrote:

> I'm going to be playing e40k tonight, against a player who *loves* his
> Thunderhawks. With each bearing 8 fp and an armor of 6, i usually have
> trouble taking them on with Fighta-Bommas. Thus, naturally, I want to look
> toward Flak units. However, the effective use of Flak has eluded me so far.
> Has anybody out there got any advice on effective uses of Flak, namely Ork
> Flakwagons? The idea that they need to be on Special Orders really seems
> to reduce their effectiveness. Is there some aspect of this that I'm missing?

Fighta Bommerz, Fighta Bommerz, Fighta Bommerz. Oh, did I mention Fighta
Bommerz? These are very effective at eliminating Thunder hawks. Two Detachments
of 4 should allow you to drive these nasties off.

I have tried Flak Wagons and have decided that I need a lot more to be effective.
And, I have the feeling that they should be in all your units. Units with flak
wagons tend to get avoided, but by having to put them on special orders (rest on
Overwatch), this could limit their mobility. I have depended mostly on fighta
bommerz for Thunderhawks and haven't been disappointed.

Bart