Re: [Epic] Flak Advice...

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 19:15:24 -0600

Chris Salvato wrote:

> I'm going to be playing e40k tonight, against a player who *loves* his
> Thunderhawks. With each bearing 8 fp and an armor of 6, i usually have
> trouble taking them on with Fighta-Bommas. Thus, naturally, I want to look
> toward Flak units. However, the effective use of Flak has eluded me so far.
> Has anybody out there got any advice on effective uses of Flak, namely Ork
> Flakwagons? The idea that they need to be on Special Orders really seems
> to reduce their effectiveness. Is there some aspect of this that I'm missing?

What I have done is to make a special "Flak Boyz" detachment, so that the Special
Orders is not as hard to deal with as it could be. To see this detachment try
this:

http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/epic/detachents/Waagh-Tunez/flakboyz.htm

Of course after I made this detachment Matt, my Space Marine opponent, has not
used T-hawks any more, and this units has a tendency to get wiped out if a strong
SM armour unit gets close to it.