[Epic] Support Weapons (was: Points for Scouts is wrong)

From: Max Maynard-Maloney <dormammu_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 17:38:59 -0800 (PST)

> > I don't think you should remove the Stubborn ability. If you did so, any
> > Marine detachment containing Scouts would lose the ability as well. This
> > seems a little harsh, even if WH40K Scouts don't have the Shaken ability.
> >
> Good point - Im not sure that was my suggestion though (I'm looking
> at the capialization there and thinking that wasnt me) - rather someone that
> I was agreeing with. Thanks for pointing out the problem with removing
> stubborn for the scouts. Yes that is a little on the harsh side (and
> something I hadnt though of). Still youd have to agree that its silly
> having scouts that are better than marines....(at least theyre better
> but more expennsive unlike SM/TL where they were better and
> cheaper....).

Too true. They did seem to go overboard with the simplicity of Marine
units. Speaking of non-Stubborn troops, did you ever notice that Marine
support weapons are the only Marine unit which isn't Stubborn? Would
anyone take them at the expense of detachment morale fortitude.

Of course, they are 2 points cheaper than the Eldar ones which have
identical stats. Particularly weak, since anything Eldar is weaker than
the exact equivalent (the Eldar special rules on morale).

Max

"Run, humans! Run for your sweaty lives! Run till you hearts burst and
your lungs collapse! You cannot run away from ME! Everything that is,
IS MINE!" --the dread Dormammu, Doctor Strange #9