Re: [Epic] Re:

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 14:11:35 -0500

Scott Shupe wrote:

> Jon Nielsen wrote:
> >
> > Remenber by battle against the marines yesterday?
> > I forgot to mention that when my opponent moved his
> > forces, he bloddy-h**l used a barrage-template to
> > measure the distance he had to put between his minis!!!
> > Cheeeeessseee! I hear you cry!
>
> You were playing SM/TL? There is no 6cm coherency rule
> in Epic 40k.

I imagine he was trying to limit the number of units under a
blast marker, instead. Using a blast marker for coherency in
SM/TL wouldn't be bad. Doing it so you won't make a mistake and
allow 2 units to be under a blast marker is kinda shaky, if you
ask me.

Speaking of measuring, do you guys use the same sort of rules
about declaring shots and pre-measuring as in 2nd edition?
(I actually don't remember if those were rules or assumptions,
either.) For example, say a detachment is going to split its
firepower between two target detachments. How much firepower
you can put on each target depends on whose in range, but I
think the rules have you split up firepower, rather than shots
from specific members of a detachment. You could either declare
what each firer is shooting at, then measure to see how much
firepower makes it to each target detachment, or you could say
"this detachment is shooting at this one and that one" and
then measure to see how much you could apply to each target.
When Elias and I played the other day, the second seemed
easier to actually work out, but because I didn't want to have
no restrictions here, I declared something like, "some of these
guys at this end will be shooting at this detachment, but the
bulk of the fire will be shooting at that one."

How about superheavy weapons and firepower from a single
detachment? SHWs are often fired after the firepower has
taken its toll. Do you declare the whole detachment first?
How about for a Titan with 4 weapons--declare them all,
then shoot each?

thanks,
andy

--