Re: [Epic] Advice: Eldar vs. Imperial players.

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 22:20:41 +0000

Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:

>6 Thunder Hawks
>30 mixed bikes
>10 Vindicators and (surprise, surprise)
>20 Land Raiders....
>sob.. those LR's realy are too cheap.

Give him a kicking until he agrees not to cheese out again.

>LR's are just too tough. Shoot the hell out of them. Those BM's
>greatly reduce the number of shots the can get off.
Yup. My second army of choice is the Marines, so I know just how deadly
these are. "Ha ha, you thought you were safe bringing the Stompas,
didn't you!"

>If your opponent uses I.G. war engines, wack 'em. Use AT if you can.
>If you can bring down a couple of them each turn, those 6 extra
>points of morale you get each turn realy makes the difference
>(somehow they always manage to blow up rather than just
>being wreked!) This is why I lost yhis battle.
Always happens to me too... the reverse always happens to my opponent.
IG war engines can't stand up to direct fire for more than 1 turn, which
is unfortunate. I played one game where massed Dark Reaper and Fire
Prism fire blew up 1 Baneblade and critically damaged another- my
opponent got the initiative in the War Engine phase, and the survivng BB
had about 5 BM's and couldn't shoot at anything, when a Cobra rose
majestically from behind a hill and kicked the shit out of it.

>Advice for Eldar players: (Hi Colen...)
<waves frantically>

>Use Eldar war-engines. They pop up from behind cover after (!!!) the
>L.Raiders are done shooting.
Yup. <evil grin>

>Use disrupt weapons like the Cobra and the Wave Serpent
>in large numbers. If a detachment of LR's sudently has
>7-8 BM's on them, it greatly reduces their FP.
Shurely Night Spinner and Wave Serpent? The Cobra has a Distort Cannon.
>Eldar Titans are the best of the lot. That 2+ save works
>wonders! An upgrade to Watlock titan is most often points
>out the window.
I generally find the Phantom or Warlock-class isn't as good as a pair of
Revenants. Yourself?

Thanks for the report.

--
Colen 'Not Colin' 'Mad Dog' McAlister, Director of N.A.S.A.
(the National Anti-Skaven Alliance), Editor of the Chaos