Re: [Epic] R: Sv: [almost Epic] Codices

From: Gianluigi Basenghi <gbasenghi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 20:10:04 +0100

John Chapman wrote:

> I just think you missed the point I was trying to make
> that the concept 'eldar flyers are so good that they were meant to get
> crap
> flak' was not a particualarly sound one.Feel free to punch holes
> through the
> arguments that Ive tried to make against some of the stuff you posted
> too
> its not impossible that Ill see things your way eventually :).
> JAC

Yes Sir !

Wow! I wish I could, but it seems like YOU where the guy that wrote that
bloody rule book!
(Kidding)

> Ok, I miss the point you were trying to make, in that you were not
> complaining about the fighter, but the way to support it.

In effect I'm still a bit confused on how all works against all in the
new epic, but, what I wanted point out is that Eldar get fast transport
(Falcons), fast fighters flyer(Nightwings), fast skimmer bikes
(Jetbikes), Fast transport flyers (Vampyres), fast titans (Revenants)
and so on: your opponent REALLY need more flack than you
The point is that they may not be the best all around vehicles in the
world, but Eldar is the only race that can field them all!
Your opponent must be able to threaten them in a way or another, or you
could dominate the tabletop while your enemy stands looking at you.
The reason of raising the Nightwing point cost is to make them less
Cheesy than they were in the old TL.
In a well balanced army you get some troubles in the use of your flyers,
and that is part of the fun: simply ask your opponent to balance his
army as well.
I play Squat and my army is an extreme one too, so I know what I'm
talking about.
I didn't mean you HAVE to set for another army, but the Eldar are like
that, and you should accept this.

By the way I have to accept the fact that all my minnies are outlawed
and I was just painting the last models of my 8500 Pts army (4000+ of
plastic stuff) started the last year!
AARRGH!! >: ()

Pippero