Re: [Epic] Stormblades

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 18:22:49 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > Hellion Missile- Vortex missile. One shot.
> -----> The larger missile was not this powerful - it just had a damage
> bonus aganist
> titans . This may be a little much. Something like a one-shot AT is
> closer to what
> it was.

        It had the same stats as a volcano cannon - so it should
be a one-shot DR.

> > Points cost :130 pts. To reflect the extra weapon
>
> Not too bad. The problem with all the E40K translations is that the
> plasma blastgun was quite different (and not neccessarily superior) from
> the Volcano Cannon, and they both translate into Death Rays. Volcano
> cannons had the 75cm range,

        Actually, the VC is 100cm. Far superior to the PBG in my
mind.

> The PB had only 50cm but could usually fire
> twice. Considering the life expectancy of superheavies in SM/TL, this
> was a trade I was often willing to make, but there's really not a way to
> make this distinction in E40K,

        Sure there is - cut the range in half and give it 2xDR instead
of 1xDR. Or you could bring back the recharge rules (don't more - get
2 dice back, move in one phase - get 1 die back, move in both phases -
no recharge).

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Omigod! The dead have risen and they're voting Republican!" - the
Simpsons