Re: [Epic] Stormblades

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 18:30:43 -0500

Matt,

The Stormblade is 'technically' already lumped in. However, here are
some comments on your suggestions:

> Speed: 10cm before fireing missiles 15cm after

I think leaving it at 15cm would not be a problem. I can't think of a
modern tank that has a 33% speed increase one it has fired its
ATGM's/Shells.

> Assault: 3 (This is rather obviously a SUPPORT tank, so one less
> would help represent this)

Does it have fewer bolters, fewer crew, etc.? If not, leave it at 4.

> FirePower: (1) Deathray. (blah blah)

Shadowsword so far...

> Secondary Weapons: Sponson Turrent- Left Fir Arc- 2FP Range
> 30cm (Lowering it to one would make it virtually
> useless)

Still Shadowsword and compatible with the Army book at 110 points.

> Side Missile Rack- Multiple Rocket Launcher- same
> as Titans-but only useable once.
> Hellion Missile- Vortex missile. One shot.

Ok. A single shot vortex and a single shot heavy barrage. Those are
pretty huge additions. That's two additional weapons, both can only be
had on titans normally (or on a deathstrike for the vortex).

In my mind, considering especially the vortex, that's an extra 50 points
for these abilities. 4 of these guys would absolutely annihilate any 4
normal 110 point super heavy tanks. Is that in line with SM/TL which
you are trying to reflect?

> Points cost :130 pts. To reflect the extra weapon

At _least_ 160 if not 180 is my vote.

Regards,

- Erik