Re: [Epic] Word man, word! <:(

From: Matthew J. Silvernail <msilver_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 21:24:38 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 6 Nov 1997, COOK MATTHEW JOHN wrote:

> > > That' not Cheese. It's a bit odd, but not cheese. I space my orks out
> > > like that when I am fighting Matt's IG guns. Granted I don't use a
> > > blast marker, I do it by eye ball.
> >
> > Sorry...
> > I'm not used to these strange trems. Let me se If I get it right:
> > Cheese is when you chose an unbalanced army, not following
> > the spirit of things, right?
> >
> > What do you call it when someone does something unfair, like
> > pushing minis a bit further, measuring the distance to the
> > enemy and so forth. I have heard some unclear expresions.
> > Please specify.
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
> > jon_at_...
> >
> > This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off
>
> Games workshop called it rubber tape measure award, which fits okay I
> think. Cheese has become standard terminolgy on this list for years.
> Any other expressions your unclear on?

I and the folks I play with call it "cheating", and if it continued
after warnings the person would generally not be invited to game
with us in the future. Some boots to the head would be considered
as an option, but probably rejected as being too much trouble and
illegal as well. :)

-- Matt Silvernail