Re: [Epic] Word man, word! <:(

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 1997 21:37:52 -0600

Jon Nielsen wrote:

> > That' not Cheese. It's a bit odd, but not cheese. I space my orks out
> > like that when I am fighting Matt's IG guns. Granted I don't use a
> > blast marker, I do it by eye ball.
>
> Sorry...
> I'm not used to these strange trems. Let me se If I get it right:
> Cheese is when you chose an unbalanced army, not following
> the spirit of things, right?

What cheese is depends on context. GW games tend to be, well, un balanced by
their very nature. On the other hand, unbalanced armies in the real world
are a fact of life. The German heavy and super heavy tanks of WW2, if they
didn't exist in the real world would be cheesy. The US Air Force and Army
in Desert Storm could be called cheese, if that was done as a game, with out
it having been for real. Hell, Henry V's troop running around in France
could be called cheese.

To a lot of people, cheesy is applied to any thing that works that they
aren't doing.

> What do you call it when someone does something unfair, like
> pushing minis a bit further, measuring the distance to the
> enemy and so forth. I have heard some unclear expresions.
> Please specify.

Assuming that the person in question does in fact obey the "once you let go
of a mini, it's done moving" rule he is, at worst being a twit. Twits I can
live with. Any body that is going up against a barrage weapon that doesn't
space out is crazed. I do it. I, on the other hand can see what 6 cm is by
eye and don't lay down a barrage marker to insure that only one gets
covered. I would not have to big of a fit if my opponent did that, assuming
that it didn't slow down the game that much. I have played games where you
had a finite amount of time (with an alarm clock to back it up) to make your
moves. Tend to stop that sort of twit.

If he is moving them AFTER he lets go the first time, he is a cheat and
should be called on it. Or if he does something like measure range to
targets before declaring fire he is cheating and should be called on, right
then and there. Cheating is NOT good and should be called when ever it is
found.