Re: Support Weapons (was Re: [Epic] Squat 40K List)

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 20:19:29 -0800

Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Here's my thoughts on each, for E40K:
>
> Weapon Move Range FirePower Assault Armour Notes
> Tarantula 10 45 AT 0 4+
> Rapier 10 30 4 0 4+
> Mole Mortar 10 90 1 0 4+ Artillery
> Thudd Gun 10 45 2 0 4+ Artillery

AOTBE (All other things being equal) if they cost the same, then the
range x Firepower should be a constant, for the points to be the same.
AT = FP 2.

Thus Tarantala 45x2=90, MoleMortar 90x1=90, ThuddGun 45x2=90, but Rapier
has 4x30 = 120. Suggest 30, 3FP+Close Support (instead of artillery).

Of course, 4 FP might be a better approximation to WH40K, but I really
like to simplify whenever I can, otherwise we go overboard with
complexity.

> Weapon Move Range FirePower Assault Armour Notes
> Scatter Laser 10 30 4 0 4+
suggest FP 3, Close Support
> Hvy. Plasma 10 45 2 0 4+
> Las Cannon 10 45 2 0 4+
> D-Cannon 10 45 disrupt 0 4+
> Missile Lnchr 10 45 AT 0 4+

Yup to all the rest.

> Finally, I know the Hvy. Plasma and Las Cannon are the
> same, but they are pretty similar weapons and I'm trying to keep these
> things at all the same points cost.

Understood and Agreed.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo