RE: [Epic] what's in the new boxes ?

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 10:29:37 -0600

>> That's right, you get 1 sprue of whatever, where as the previous boxes, =
>> you got 5 sprues for just a bit more. Something seems wring here to me.
>> Cyril Crocker
>> Dragon Slayer
>> dslayer_at_...
>
> While GW prices are high, they aren't *this* bad (yet). It's
>1 sprue, but it is twice as big. And 50% is more than just a bit
>more, IMHO...
>
>Before: After:
>5 sprues for $15 2 sprues worth for $10
>
>So it's only a 66% markup, not a 5x markup. Besides, the Eldar
>Warhost comes with these 5 NEAT NEW WARP SPIDERS!!! AND 2 NEW
>PSYKERS!!! AND A 35 NEW GUARDIANS!!!! THAT'S 42 NEW MODELS FOR ONLY
>$10!

-----> Actually I remember when it was 10 sprues for 10$ (later $12.50)
and 20 sprues for
20$, so the "before price" was 3 times the cost and the current one is 5
times the price,
and this was not THAT long ago (up til 1991-2). Am I paying 5 times as
much for movie
tickets? No. Computer Games ? No. Books? No. I'm not even paying 5 times
as much
for the _metal_ mini's (maybe 3 times as much, but that's still less).
Guess I should have invested in "Big Plastic" back a few years ago, eh?

Chris Miller
(who seems to remember that the whole point of the plastic minis was
that they were "less expensive to make, enabling players to collect
sizeable armies" etc etc. Wonder where that concept went?)