Re: [Epic] IG and SM circles (was Epic 40k _at_$%!)

From: Timothy J. Kilgore <tkilgore_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 12:08:09 -0500 (EST)

At 10:27 AM 2/7/97 -0600, you wrote:
>At 09:13 AM 2/7/97 +1100, you wrote:
>>>Is it me, or are the little circle bases for IG and SM troops a bit too
>>>big for the bases? The local Eldar and Squat players seem to have no
>>>problem with their circles, but I have to chop off a bit to get them to
>>>even go into the hole.
>>
>>I have this trouble with just about all stands (IG, SM or otherwise) and
>>I've found that the best way to do it is to put a dollop of glue in the
>>hole, then jam the figure in with the butt-end of my file. Of course there
>>is always the problem of someone wanting to go into orbit ("Fire me boy!")
>>but it doesnt happen too often.
>>
>>doddsy
>
>Needle nose pliers, boys. You can grip the miniature by the legs, and when
>you push them into the base you have something on each side of the fig. i
>haven't launched anyone across the room since I started using them.
>
>Temp

What I find works best is 1 old paintbrush that has all of the bristles worn
off, I have more than enough of those. And a surgical tool a swiped from a
Vet hospital (I didn't really swipe they told me if any one wants it take
it, it's used to lift nerves during disections or something) it has a nice
small blunt tip that is curved to get it between the legs. Never popped one
myself using this tactic.

                                Timothy J. Kilgore