Re: [Epic] Towing

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 11:19:36 +0000

At 04:57 PM 11/10/97 -0600, you wrote:

<whopping big snip>

>The "Big Fella's" rule on page 104 of the Battle book is in use, meaning
>that the following can not be transported
>
> Greater Deamons
> The Eldar Avatar
> Hive Tyrants
> Carnifexes

<another HUGE snip>

> Dreadnoughts (all races)
> Bikes (Imperial and Chaos)
>
>Taken from:
> http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/e41K/Rules/ablity-changes.htm

Before I say anything I confess to being a 'Nid player. That said, how come
an SM/Eldar/Orky player can transport his dreads but I can't transport mine?
All the fluff I've read and the WH40K Codex suggest that Carnifexes (or
possibly 'fices) are the 'Nid equivalent of a dreadnought.
And.... a recent WD (214 I think) with the new flyer missions suggested that
the important thing about transport is whether or not the transporter is big
enough for the transportee to get in, not how many spaces he/she/it might
take up. IIRC an SM dread transported by a T'Hawk still only takes up 1
transport slot, but can only be transported by transporters with 6 or more
transport spaces.
To be perfectly honest I'm not sure if my argument here is getting across
but the Big Fella rule is not mutually exclusive of transporting big fellas.
The point made in the GW article was if it looks like it'll fit (and of
course your opponent agrees!) then go ahead and transport it! Regardless of
this I still think a Carnifex should be treated as a dreadnought!

Cheers,
Colin
******************************
Colin Sinclair