Re: [Epic] Towing

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:42:31 -0500

> Before I say anything I confess to being a 'Nid player. That said, how come
> an SM/Eldar/Orky player can transport his dreads but I can't transport mine?
> All the fluff I've read and the WH40K Codex suggest that Carnifexes (or
> possibly 'fices) are the 'Nid equivalent of a dreadnought.
> And.... a recent WD (214 I think) with the new flyer missions suggested that
> the important thing about transport is whether or not the transporter is big
> enough for the transportee to get in, not how many spaces he/she/it might
> take up. IIRC an SM dread transported by a T'Hawk still only takes up 1
> transport slot, but can only be transported by transporters with 6 or more
> transport spaces.
> To be perfectly honest I'm not sure if my argument here is getting across
> but the Big Fella rule is not mutually exclusive of transporting big fellas.
> The point made in the GW article was if it looks like it'll fit (and of
> course your opponent agrees!) then go ahead and transport it! Regardless of
> this I still think a Carnifex should be treated as a dreadnought!

When you see a bunch of termagents jumping out of what ever they were being
transported in, do you think the little cavities are big, or little? And as for
towing, do you think an Eldar Avatar would allow himself to be towed? How about
a Carnifex?

I play Marines, and I don't know if I will transport dreads (don't have any) but
if you really think of it, somethings just don't make sense. I say if he play
marines, and he wants to play the big fella's rule, tell him that Termies take
up two slots. If your changing transport rules to make things realistic, then do
go half-way.

Tyler