[Epic] Transporting Carnifex(i?)

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:03:43 -0500

> Before I say anything I confess to being a 'Nid player. That said,
> an SM/Eldar/Orky player can transport his dreads but I can't transport

They can't. SM/Eldar/Orky dreads are vehicles themselves. The Carnifex
is infantry, but BIG and therefore falls under the 'big fellas' rule.
It's parity with the other dreadnoughts rather than a disadvantage. You
can still go places the other dreadnoughts can't, or shouldn't.

> take up. IIRC an SM dread transported by a T'Hawk still only takes up
> transport slot, but can only be transported by transporters with 6 or
> transport spaces.

Ah... that's where this came from. I will have to check those rules,
but that is not part of the core rules and only applies to T(6) which
only marines have. I guess you have to suck it up and deal on that one
since you don't have any T(6) assault spawn.

In all respects other than the Thunderhawk, the Carnifex is treated
exactly like other dreadnoughts. In terms of the Eldar and Ork
dreadnoughts, it is even better since it can go where infantry can go.
The SM dreadnought is about even in mobility if you choose to slap it in
a T-Hawk. However, as the Nid player swarm the skies with gargoyles and
even Thunderhawks won't complete their transport missions.

Regards,

- Erik