Re: [Epic] Unofficial misunderstandings

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 07:58:03 -0500

Mike Bowen wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Andy Meechan wrote:
> >
> > Of course, if the Wh40k 3rd Edn *does* come out in October'98 and IF
> > it *does* contain a couple of new races, then there may well be a
> > supplement.
> >

> almost a 100% chance then, if new races show up,for a e40k add on.
>
> cant see GW passing up possible sales for 6mm versions of the new 28 mm
> minis.
>
> then again, the release dates being pushed back for the IG and bugs
> has me wondering on the "health" of the e40k sales.... which will effect
> how much more is released for e40k

I guess one of the things I'm vaguely worried about is that there
won't be E40K-specific add-ons, just appendices in WH40K add-ons.
That way they could make add-ons, but still be strictly keeping the
promise of not making E40K expansion sets. If there is a lot of
game-overlap (people playing both games), then GW might not do that,
not wanting to sell us one book when we'd buy two. (I wouldn't--I
don't play the other game.) On the other hand, I'm sure it is cheaper
to make one book and expand its market than to make two books. And
GW may think that buying a book for WH40K might tempt us epic-onlies
to get into that game. (If I had the WH40K rules, I might try them
with my individually-mounted epic figs. But right now I'm planning
on going straight to Stargrunt II, if I get the rules for Christmas.)

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...