Re: [Epic] Support Weapons and Epic41K

From: Luca Fazio <luca_fazio_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 12:05:15 +0000

On 12 Nov 97 at 21:33, Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> > I think Tarantula and Rapiers can fulfill the same support AT role in
> > epic scale, and Mole Mortar & Thudd Gun should be given "Artillery"
> > for their Parabolic Firing and Speculative Fire (Range of the two
> > weapons is the same in Wh40K 2� edition, 72"max)
>
> That's powerful evidence. What's the range of the Basilisk SP gun in
> wh40K?

it has an amazing 150" range !!!
another long ranged weapons is the Tyranid's biovore with its 100" range !

> Are there any weapons at all that go over 72"? If there is, then
> yes, MM and TG should be the same. If not, then it appears that there's
> a 72" Cap on WH40K ranges, which can be disregarded if = to 72 or over.
>
> > Oddly, Multilaser is the weapon mounted on Sentinel, and it has
> > exactly the same Stats of Rapier in SM/TL
in Wh40k Sentinel has an assault cannon not a multilaser.
Multilaser is mounted on Chimera.
It is mainly an anti infantry weapon ranged 60", with strenght 6 / 3 dice
sustained fire ability but with only a -1 to save.

> > As Multilaser is a rare weapon I think it could be overlooked so we
I don't know about old SM/TL but any Chimera in Wh40k's IG army has a
multilaser and it is a cheap vehicle too (140 points).

Ciao,
Ciao,

Luca Fazio

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/2085/