Re: [Epic] Support Weapons and Epic41K

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 21:33:30 -0800

Gianluigi Basenghi wrote:

> What do you think of Land Riders as support choice for Squat (no LD
> detachment !) since Wh40K Squat army list allows them ?

But until a Squat Codex comes out, this is Not Canonical.

> I think Tarantula and Rapiers can fulfill the same support AT role in
> epic scale, and Mole Mortar & Thudd Gun should be given "Artillery"
> for their Parabolic Firing and Speculative Fire (Range of the two
> weapons is the same in Wh40K 2� edition, 72"max)

That's powerful evidence. What's the range of the Basilisk SP gun in
wh40K? Are there any weapons at all that go over 72"? If there is, then
yes, MM and TG should be the same. If not, then it appears that there's
a 72" Cap on WH40K ranges, which can be disregarded if = to 72 or over.

> Oddly, Multilaser is the weapon mounted on Sentinel, and it has
> exactly the same Stats of Rapier in
> SM/TL
> GW admitted they has found no way to sculpt a satisfacting Multilaser
> yet, so they used rapiers for this role since you already get
> Tarantula as AT weapon.
> As Multilaser is a rare weapon I think it could be overlooked so we
> could relay on two simple support weapon class: AT and Artillery

Sounds plausible. And I'll agree.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo