Re: [Epic] Overwatch and Some Random Comments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:23:56 -0500

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> > I disagree. At least in part. Just look upon them as Disposable,
> > than merely Expendable. 1 Berserker vs 2 enemy is about right. The
> > is not to win the CC, it's to cause casualties. Apart from that, yes,
> > they are "less than useful".
>
> Agreed here. And it was really bad luck that left Scott losing the
> berzerker assault by 5 and needing to roll 6+ to kill with all his
> dice. I think he got two kills on two termies and I made one save.
> Then the berzerker's failed to roll anything but a 1 in the rally phase
> and carried around 9 blast markers for the next three turns. You can
> see where Scott was a little disappointed in them... but I don't think
> they're a worthless troop type.

        Oh, I wasn't expecting much out of that assault (well,
I was expecting to kill more than ONE terminator, but that isn't
the bezerkers' fault - the BM thing wasn't their fault either,
but man did that hurt). The problem is, they were only able to
make it TO the assault through my use of the Forced March card.
They would have ceased to exist trying to get close enough to
attack, otherwise. I've had the same problem with them over and
over. They just don't move fast enough to assault defensive
positions (which is why next time, I'm bringing out the Juggers =).

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Don't you laugh, damn you, don't you laugh!" - Clockwork Orange