[Epic] Building "Cover"

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:32:28 -0600

> Troops in the middle of a building can be shot just fine. It's troops on
> the other side of the building that can't be shot. (Yet can still be
> involved in a firefight. Grenades and potshots around corners I
> suppose.)

        Ok just to clear this up - say you had one of the big buildings from
titan legions and you had one troop stand - *.

                        --------
                        | |
                        | |
                        | * |
                        | |
                        | |
                        --------

        Thats clearly (ie 2cm +) back from all edges we usually play that it
cant be shot at (ok artillery excepted). DO you play it differently (ie assume
a stand must be on at least one edge?
<<<<<<<<<<

Yes, we play it differently. Under Epic 40K rules, if you are inside
a building or woods you may shoot out in any direction, and be shot
at from any direction. In order to break LOS, you must be on the other
side of the woods/building and not in it.

I find that this rule change from SM/TL greatly improves game play. Of
course, do what you like. In the designer notes, AC and JJ point out
that they generally used terrain pieces of a certain size (20x20cm?)
and that if you were further in than that within a *big* terrain piece,
then you might want to say you were out of LOS. None of the buildings
released in any of the game boxs, I believe, are bigger than this.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.