Re: [Epic] skimmers and avoiding getting shot

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 22:27:53 -0500

> > > How so? According to the new rules the Land Raider owner can merely
> > >keep passing until the falcons have popped up and fired.
> > If the Eldar player had more detachments that were shooting, he could
> > wait until the LR's have gone. Or do you mean that, even though the
> > Marine player had no more dets to shoot with apart from the LR's, he
> > could keep passing? If so, can you justify this?
> Ummmmmm I cant quote a page (no rule book here at the moment) but it
> was (is!) actually stated in one of the E40k rule books that a person firing can
> elect to pass and then choose to fire in his turn (ie I shoot you pass I shoot
> you pass I shoot you shoot) at any time later . Of course this could theoretically lead to the stupid situation of both players passing continuously till everyone gets bored and packs up......

Actually, I don't think the player without initiative is able to pass. Or if they do, they lose that shot. Something like in a RPG, where one player wins initiative and says, I wait to see what the slower guy is doing (Because you can't
react if you go first) So the slower guy goes, well, he's waiting, and if I do anything he'll counter, so I won't do anything. Then the fast guy goes fine, he's not gonna attack, then biff, breaks the slow guy's nose. The slow guy cannot
react because he chose not to do anything. He has to wait for next turn. Transfer that to Epic, and you've got a done deal

Tyler
God Rest the Soul of William J Provick