Re: [Epic] cheese

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 15:10:16 -0600

At 02:31 PM 2/7/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Start off:
> 1) insist that EVERYTHING be marked/allocated
> insist on knowing full disclosure/identity
> 2) no more secret transports
> insist on knowing exactly what transports have which
>troops, insist he tell you at the beginning - not write it down.
>
>These are very reasonable to my mind and while the second one may annoy
>some people on the list I'm sure that if an opponent was having problems
>with the set-up that most of us would go with full disclosure. I normally
>follow these rules just so there won't be any hard feelings, no one has
>ever even asked me.

# 1 is perfectly reasonable and necessary. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't
even care if they were marked on the bottom of hte base, as long as there
was a way of verifying it afterward. INSIST on verification. We used to
play SFB with a guy who would not let us see his ship chart after the
battle. Obviously, this guy was cheating. You need ot prevent this sort of
thing.

#2 is pushing it. However, I would ask him to write it down, and verify it
afterwards. Since thawks are all single detachments, he shouldn't have a
problem with marking them clearly

>It seems that as we dig deeper into this mess we find more and more that
>the answer isn't new nifty tactics, but some reasonable ground rules.

If this guy won't allow you to verify (or even better, bring in a ref) then
don't play with him.

Temp