Re: [Epic] cheese

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 17:01:01 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Feb 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:

> # 1 is perfectly reasonable and necessary. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't
> even care if they were marked on the bottom of hte base, as long as there
> was a way of verifying it afterward. INSIST on verification. We used to
> play SFB with a guy who would not let us see his ship chart after the
> battle. Obviously, this guy was cheating. You need ot prevent this sort of
> thing.
>
> #2 is pushing it. However, I would ask him to write it down, and verify it
> afterwards. Since thawks are all single detachments, he shouldn't have a
> problem with marking them clearly

I don't. If you and I sat down to play and you wanted to deploy (secret)
troops in thawks I wouldn't have a problem with it. In fact I wouldn't
even ask you to write it down, I'd just assume that you would keep it
straight. The first time I thought an opponent (here not meaning you,
since we have never met) was teleporting troops from one thawk to the next
I would want full disclosure, no compromise. This guy has already blown
his one chance. I of course would suggest that you (in this case the
suffering Eldar player) also tell him what transports (falcons, wave
serpents) have what troops. You got to be fair.

I REALLY wouldn't go for the idea of not telling me what troops are part
of which detachment/company. No way, no how, not even a little chance. I
would refuse to play someone on principle. My stuff is painted so that
you can tell just by looking, I'm not going to just let someone else play
"what you see only might be what you get, you just don't know". Forget it
(can't believe how steamed this is making me, I don't even KNOW the guy).

> >It seems that as we dig deeper into this mess we find more and more that
> >the answer isn't new nifty tactics, but some reasonable ground rules.
>
> If this guy won't allow you to verify (or even better, bring in a ref) then
> don't play with him.

Can be a problem if it is a small group. You are better of trying to work
out a compromise.

> Temp

Chad Taylor