Re: [Epic] Re: [Epic Rapier Stats]

From: Luca Fazio <luca_fazio_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 01:12:43 +0000

On 13 Nov 97 at 4:16, Gianluigi Basenghi wrote:

> > >The Earthshaker artillery cannon mounted on a Basilisk has a 45�
> > field of fire
> > >too.
>
> Right, but the Rapier is more difficult to aim as it does not scatter.

if either of the Eartshaker's shells misses then it will scatter as normal.

> > >I disagree with this consideration, Tarantula is limited by the
> > "choosing the
> > >target rules" as normal, i.e the closer squad or the closer
> > vehicle... it is
> > >not allowed to fire all around !
>
> I meant you are allowed to shot in any direction (given the usual
> Choosing a target rule) WHILE you are on Over watch:Rules state that
> Heavy Weapons on Over watch can't shot all around, but are restricted by
> 180� field of fire (I.e.. they can't turn as light weapons do), but
> Tarantula CAN do it.
Just a second... if you read Ed Etkins's Questions and Answers in The Gates of
Fenris (Coming from the Man himself, Jervis Johnson !) you'll find that in
overwatch you must fire tank turrets, support weapons and heavy weapons in the
front 90� field of fire.
You cannot rotate it in overwatch !!
Whare in the rules is stated that you can do it with a Tarantula ??

> If you are assaulted by Flying or Warping guys your heavy troops can't
> shot them as the attack will come from behind: this is the real strength
> of tarantula, in that it can shot over watch all around with the punch
> of twin linked Heavy Bolters (4d sustained fire at S5 !!!!)

Again, tell me where is this rule please !!
In my opinion the real strenght of a Tarantula is the heavy fire rate it can
unsleash against unarmoured targets or the double penetration against armoured
targets.
If servitor is 4' away in heavy cover and there is a techmarine nearby you
have an ultimate stronghold ! If the Tarantula is destroyed your techmarine can
fix it and so on !

Btw this is more a 40k thread than an E40K one, so it is better to continue it
in private e-mail, ok ?

 Ciao,

Ciao,

Luca Fazio