Re: [Epic] Re: [Epic Rapier Stats]

From: Gianluigi Basenghi <gbasenghi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 04:16:52 +0100

Luca Fazio wrote:

> On 11 Nov 97 at 4:20, Gianluigi Basenghi wrote:

> >double penetration on the same location (linked)

> Sorry, it was a Typo.

> >The Earthshaker artillery cannon mounted on a Basilisk has a 45�
> field of fire
> >too.

Right, but the Rapier is more difficult to aim as it does not scatter.

> > In the actual Wh40k rapier is eminently an AT weapon, able to
> destroy
> > everything it is fired on, but a waste of firepower as anti-infantry
>
> > since it has to shot to the nearest model, spashing it, but only one
> for
> > shot at best.
> > Tarantula instead is a very usefull point defense system, it can
> shot
> > all around even in overwatch thank to it's robotic brain, and it can
> be
> > equipped with AT weapons or Heavy Bolter as for use.

> >I disagree with this consideration, Tarantula is limited by the
> "choosing the
> >target rules" as normal, i.e the closer squad or the closer
> vehicle... it is
> >not allowed to fire all around !

I meant you are allowed to shot in any direction (given the usual
Choosing a target rule) WHILE you are on Over watch:Rules state that
Heavy Weapons on Over watch can't shot all around, but are restricted by
180� field of fire (I.e.. they can't turn as light weapons do), but
Tarantula CAN do it.
If you are assaulted by Flying or Warping guys your heavy troops can't
shot them as the attack will come from behind: this is the real strength
of tarantula, in that it can shot over watch all around with the punch
of twin linked Heavy Bolters (4d sustained fire at S5 !!!!)

Pippero