Re: [Epic] RE:Epic suggestion for marine assault detachment

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 01:14:25 -0500

> Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm a newbie _at_ Epic40k. I've played twice
> and I think this is just one cool game! The more I play, the more I
> like it. Anyway on to the question.

I know how you feel there. It's got staying power and it grows on you.

> to soon. Any suggestions or comments on either my detachment setup or
> numbers?

My advice is that assault detachments need to be fast to get to assault
and to encircle the enemy.

Remove the vindicators. Use them in a detachment of long fangs or plain
grey hunters as support. Add bikes and use these to encircle. Use
other troops in conjunction with your assault detachment to disrupt and
suppress the enemy you intend to assault. The assault detachment should
(ideally) deliver the coup de grace rather than trying to take on
another completely fresh detachment itself. Finally, always take
captains and librarians in those assault detachments as the +1 and the
extra assault value is very key.

Regards,

- Erik