Re: [Epic] New Eldar Minis & WD

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 15:33:13 -0500

Scott Shupe wrote:
> Andy Skinner wrote:
> But the good stuff got quickly phased out for heavily padded
> interviews that go nowhere, studio members talking about how they
> built their armies, articles extoling the virtues of infantry/tanks/
> whatever in an obvious attempt to get you to buy those models
And so inward looking! Wow, an article all about games this company
makes, with figures this company makes, and interviews where one
person in this company interviews another person in this company.
It's the Games Workshop Hobby! It's the Games Workshop World!
"I don't really know what you mean by scale. All the miniatures
are the right size compared to each other." ("Answer" to my query
about the scale of their Epic miniatures before I bought any, as
if they'd never heard of the common scales, whether 6mm or 1/200,
or whatever.) (I know I'm rambling off topic here, but they sure
try to get you to not realize there is anything else.)

> > The morale counter wasn't enough to whet my appetite.
> What's this? I must have missed that one.
A little cut-out thing with wheels with numbers that showed through
holes, to help you keep track of morale. It's nifty enough, and
looks OK, and is as good a way as any to keep track of morale. But
I didn't buy that WD, either.

andy

--
Andy Skinner