Re: [Epic] New Eldar Minis & WD

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:26:12 -0800 (PST)

> As for White Dwarf, is anyone actually buying this every month
> regardless of whether or not it has new rules pertaining to the games/
> armies you play? If so, why? I stopped when the ad count started to
> get ridiculously high and the majority of the articles turned into
> pure padding. This is the first WD I've bought in a while, and it's
> only gotten worse. For pete's sake, they used full 2-page spreads
> just for some of the article titles. Yeesh.

When they changed to the fat format, the magazine had articles worth
reading put back in it. The Q&A was excellent. I promptly got my 2 year
subscription and to my horror, the magazine turned crappy very quickly. I
have supported the company since the release of Rogue Trader, and I think
that have started something very profound in the gaming world, but
unfortunately, what they have they dropped to get the money of spoilt
little kids. It's unfortunate, but I have all the miniatures I need
(There are a few I would like, but I can make do without them) and I have
totally boycott the company since E40K came out. I stilll think their
boxed games are a good deal, but apart from that, I hate everything that
the company is doing these days, they are in it for the money and nothing
else, a very dangerous and ill-postioned place to be for a gaming company.
~Bitter rant mode- OFF~
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of