Re: [Epic] Shields

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 17:32:13 -0500

> -----> OK, having read the hull down rules, I'm wondering if you're
> allowing tanks to go
> hull down anywhere, or only with certain terrain?
> I can buy allowing infantry to seek "cover" anywhere and just assuming
> that there
> are depressions, craters, etc out there, but I'm not so sure about the
> tanks.

Look outside. Do you not see places where you could put a tank and give it a
little better protection. Not out of LOS, but covered a little. E40K is
representitive, so all those plains that you see are probably filled with little
depressions, hills, rock piles the size of a person, even small clumps of trees

When just booting along, tanks arn't behind anything, or in depressions enough to
take full advantage. But when you take the time you will be surprised at how much
cover you can find in a field. Because this is a movement ability, then you can't
go on overwatch and be hull down. So it is basically a defensive position. I like
it and think it works

Tyler