RE: [Epic] Shields

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:22:06 -0600

>> I still opt for the abiliity to hull down against a titan with shields to
>> gain benefit from the shielding.
>>

>There's an idea. Tanks (but not walkers) may go hull down, kinda like
>overwatch but
>instead gain a +1 to their armour. Unfortunately, the rules I am borrowing
>this from
>have it that infantry are always hull down in that it is harder (-2 mod on
>rolls) to
>hit them with tank weapons. That'd make infantry way harder. Of course, I
>think the
>infantry's armour is already pretty high compared to the tanks, not too high,
>just
>enough to reflect.
>
>Anyway, to recap hull down rules.

-----> OK, having read the hull down rules, I'm wondering if you're
allowing tanks to go
hull down anywhere, or only with certain terrain?
        I can buy allowing infantry to seek "cover" anywhere and just assuming
that there
are depressions, craters, etc out there, but I'm not so sure about the
tanks.

There were rules for something like this (not using titan shields but
with terrain) in
1st ed where a unit touching a building could be hull down , which was
mainly a
 way to avoid pop-up fire (couldn't ignore the terrain if hull down).

Chris Miller